Elastic Services Controller (ESC)
This 15days (Weekdays – 3hrs.) OR 8-weeks (Sunday/Saturday) Cisco Elastic Service controller course is an instructor-led, lab-based, hands-on course. This course introduces learners to the Cisco Elastic Service Controller (ESC) which provides a single point of control to manage all aspects of VNF lifecycle for generic virtual network functions (VNFs) in a dynamic environment.
Course IntroductionIt provides advanced VNF life cycle management capabilities through an open, standards-based platform that conforms to the ETSI VNF management and orchestration (MANO) reference architecture. ESC manages the complete life cycle of a VNF. Triggered by a northbound request, it instantiates a virtual machine to facilitate the requirements of a VNF.
- Course contents are based on CISCO Elastic service controller
- Dedicated Monitoring to evaluate and report candidates progress
- Extensive hands-on lab exercises
- Regular evaluation.
- Industry acclaimed, experienced and certified instructors
- Curriculum is based on CISCO ESC.
- The Instructor-led certified courses is designed for the ESC candidates with an aim to build theoretical knowledge supplemented by ample hands-on lab exercises
- Courseware includes course kits and other reference material to enable students to prepare for course.
- Optimal balance of theory classes and practical labs every week to ensure maximum absorption of technology by participants
- Customized tests at the end of course to be attempted by every participant
- Stringent passing standards with progress report of each participant
- Facility of Lab on cloud available (based on booking)
- Repeating or lectures allowed (based on seat availability)
- Describe the Cisco ESC architecture and the Virtual Network Function (VNF) lifecycle
- Explain how to install and maintain Cisco ESC in an OpenStack or VMware environment
- Explain how to manage VM resources in Cisco ESC
- Explain how to deploy and configure new VNFs
- Explain how to monitor, scale, and heal VNFs
- Describe Cisco ESC integration with Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) to create an NFV solution
- Deploying VNFs in the OpenStack Environment
- Deploying VNFs in the VMware Environment
- Managing Tenants
- Managing Networks
- Managing Subnets
- Managing Flavors
- Managing Images
- Deploying Virtual Network Functions in the OpenStack Environment
- Deploying Virtual Network Functions in the VMware Environment
- Deploying VNF in ESC Portal (VMware Only)
- Day-0 Configuration
- Unified Deployment Request
- Applying Affinity and Anti-affinity Rules
- Configuring Single Root I/O Virtualization in ESC
- Managing Individual and Composite VNFs
- Undeploying Virtual Network Functions
- Updating Deployments
- Monitoring Methods
- ICMP ping monitoring
- SNMP monitoring
- SNMP Threshold monitoring
- Custom monitoring
- Monitoring VM
- Monitoring Operations
- Scaling Overview
- Scale In and Scale Out of VMs
- Scaling Notifications and Events
- Healing Overview
- Healing a VM
- Notifications and Events
- Error Conditions for ESC Operations
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
Labs on cloud