Juniper Networks Certified Associate
For network engineers who need to increase their value to employers and stay current with advances in networking knowledge and skills, the JUNIPER JNCIA routing and switching certification program provides the education and training required for installing, monitoring, and troubleshooting network infrastructure products designed by the industry leader in IP networking.
Following are the lists of training recommended by JUNIPER to pass the JNCIA certification
The Introduction to Junos operating system (IJOS) course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system and to configure Junos devices. The course provides a brief overview of the Junos device families and discusses the key architectural components of the software. Key topics include user interface options with a heavy focus on the command-line interface (CLI), configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos devices. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1X47-D30
The Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters.Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1X47-D30.4.
- Course contents are based on JUNIPER guidelines
- Dedicated Monitoring to evaluate candidates’ progress
- Extensive hands-on lab exercises
- Regular evaluation
- Industry Experienced Certified instructors
- The JNCIA module is designed to meet the objective of the JNCIA program.
- The course is customized keeping in mind the ultimate aim of achieving technology expertise and JNCIA certification.
- Assigned project manager will manage this program and drive the program from its registration stage to monitoring and tracking of the candidates’ performance.
- Curriculum is based on JNCIA course outlines.
- The Instructor-led certified course is designed for the JNCIA candidates with an aim to build theoretical knowledge supplemented by ample hands-on lab exercises.
- 3 week or 3 days, of intensive training.
- Courseware includes course kits and other reference material to enable students to prepare for JNCIA certification exams.
- Optimal balance of theory classes and practical labs every week to ensure maximum absorption of technology by participants.
- Customized tests at the end of course to be attempted by every participant.
- Stringent passing standards with progress report of each participant.
- Facility of Lab on cloud available.(based on booking).
- Repeating of lectures allowed.
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS.
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices.
- Navigate within the Junos CLI.
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes.
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state.
- Perform initial configuration tasks.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Describe user configuration and authentication options.
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP.
- Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices.
- Identify and use network utilities.
- Upgrade the Junos OS.
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device.
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
- Identify the concepts and functionality of various fundamental elements of networking.
- Collision domains and broadcast domains
- Function of routers and switches
- Optical network fundamentals – SONET/SDH, OTN
- Ethernet networks
- Layer 2 addressing, including address resolution
- IPv4 and IPv6 fundamentals
- Layer 3 / IP addressing, including subnet masks
- Subnetting and supernetting
- Decimal to binary conversion
- Longest match routing
- Connection-oriented vs. connectionless protocols
Junos OS Fundamentals
- Identify the concepts, benefits and functionality of the core elements of the Junos OS
- Junos device portfolio – product families, general functionality
- Software architecture
- Control and forwarding planes
- Routing Engine and Packet Forwarding Engine
- Protocol daemons
- Transit traffic processing
- Exception traffic
- Identify the concepts, operation and functionality of the Junos user interfaces
- CLI functionality
- CLI modes
- CLI navigation
- CLI Help
- Filtering output
- Active vs. candidate configuration
- Reverting to previous configurations
- Modifying, managing, and saving configuration files
- Viewing, comparing, and loading configuration files
- J-Web – core/common functionality
Junos Configuration Basics
- Identify the main elements for configuring Junos devices
- Factory-default state
- Initial configuration
- User accounts
- Login classes
- User authentication methods
- Interface types and properties
- Configuration groups
- Additional initial configuration elements – NTP, SNMP, syslog, etc.
- Configuration archival
- Logging and tracing
- Rescue configuration
- Describe how to configure basic components of a Junos device
Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
- Identify methods of monitoring and maintaining Junos devices
- Show commands
- Monitor commands
- Interface statistics and errors
- Network tools – ping, traceroute, telnet, SSH, etc.
- Real-time performance monitoring (RPM)
- Junos OS installation
- Software upgrades
- Powering on and shutting down Junos devices
- Root password recovery
- Describe monitoring and maintenance procedures for a Junos device
- Identify basic routing concepts and functionality for Junos devices
- Packet forwarding concepts
- Routing tables
- Routing vs. forwarding tables
- Route preference
- Routing instances
- Static routing
- Advantages of / use cases for dynamic routing protocols
- Describe how to configure and monitor basic routing elements for a Junos device
Routing Policy and Firewall Filters
- Identify the concepts and functionality of routing policy and firewall filters on Junos devices
- Default routing policies
- Import and export policies
- Routing policy flow
- Effect of policies on routes and routing tables
- Policy structure and terms
- Policy match criteria, match types, and actions
- Firewall filter concepts
- Firewall filter concepts
- Filter match criteria and actions
- Effect of filters on packets
- Unicast reverse-path-forwarding (RPF)
- Describe how to configure and monitor routing policies and firewall filters on a Junos device
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
Labs on cloud