Labs on cloud
Software Defined Networking
This course introduces software defined networking, an emerging paradigm in computer networking that allows a logically centralized software program to control the behaviour of an entire network.
Separating a network's control logic from the underlying physical routers and switches that forward traffic allows network operators to write high-level control programs that specify the behaviour of an entire network, in contrast to conventional networks, whereby network operators must codify functionality in terms of low-level device configuration.
Logically centralized network control makes it possible for operators to specify more complex tasks that involve integrating many disjoint network functions (e.g., security, resource control, prioritization) into a single control framework, allowing network operators to create more sophisticated policies, and making network configurations easier to configure, manage, troubleshoot, and debug.
This 4 days (Weekdays - 6hrs.) OR 4-weeks (Sunday/Saturday – 6hrs.) instructor led SDN course is designed to provide professionals with extensive networking knowledge to accomplish their day to day job and SDN certifications. The key to a high success rate is based on the program’s objectives as follows:
- Course contents are based on SDN guidelines
- Dedicated Monitoring to evaluate candidates’ progress
- Extensive hands-on lab exercises
- Regular evaluation
- Industry Experienced Certified instructors
- This module is designed to meet the objective of the SDN program.
- The course is customized keeping in mind the ultimate aim of achieving technology expertise and SDN certification.
- Assigned project manager will manage this program and drive the program from its registration stage to monitoring and tracking of the candidates’ performance.
- The Instructor-led certified course is designed for the SDN candidates with an aim to build theoretical knowledge supplemented by ample hands-on lab exercises.
- 4 week or 4 days, of intensive training.
- Courseware includes course kits and other reference material to enable students to prepare for SDN certification exams.
- Optimal balance of theory classes and practical labs every week to ensure maximum absorption of technology by participants.
- Customized tests at the end of course to be attempted by every participant.
- Stringent passing standards with progress report of each participant.
- Facility of Lab on cloud available.(based on booking).
- Repeating of lectures allowed.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- To select, design, analyze, implement, and evaluate effective controllers for a number of different robotics platforms and applications.
- To design and write network security and management applications within the context of the new Software Defined Network (SDN) paradigm.
- Students will develop knowledge of traditional switching and networks and the
- knowledge of the evolution to SDN and benefits to companies.
- Students will have a knowledge of the technology evolution leading to SDN, Open Flow and Open Network OS role in SDN.
- Students will get in-depth knowledge of how SDN works as well as the OpenFlow specifications.
- Students will understand about various SDN Controllers, Hypervisor overlays, and various Open Stack tools
SDN-BASICS COURSE MODULES-PROFESSIONAL
- Networking as is today vs SDN aspirations
- Reality vs hype
- What is SDN- in practical terms and how far one can go
- SDN, who is doing what- The market landscape
- SDN architecture, underlying protocols, south bound/north bound
- Demo of HPE-VAN, configuration with Mininet
- Introduction to Open source networking (routing-Quagga, Vyos, switching-OVS), OpenFlow and open source SDN controllers- OVS, Quagga, ODL , ONOS and Open Contrail- with demos
- Deep dive into Openflow- with mininet and HPE VAN controller apps, a demo explanation
- ODL – understanding the basic architecture and applications
- Hands-on with ODL and mininet- Installation, basic configuration and operation
- ONOS – understanding the basic architecture and applications
- Hands-on with ONOS and mininet- Installation, configuration and operation
- Introduction to Openstack, major components
- Understanding openstack neutron and how it ties with SDN
- Demo of Openstack and SDN integration- ODL with OS Mitaka
- How everything ties together- SDN, NFV and Openstack
SDN-ADVANCED COURSE MODULES-PROFESSIONAL
- Deep dive into OVS and OpenFlow
- Understanding the South bound protocols- Netconf, OVSDB, Openflow, XMPP, BGP-LS
- Understanding North-bound protocols- REST APIs, Java
- Deepdive into ODL
- ODL Hands-on with real-world scenarios- Openflow and BGP-PCEP
- ONOS Hands-on with real-world scenarios- Openflow and BGP-PCEP
- ONOS/ODL installation in a multi-vendor scenario with Openflow support- Hands-on
- Openstack introduction, architecture and components overview
- Deepdive into Linux networking and Neutron
- Integrating openstack with ODL and ONOS- Hands-on
- Executing some common applications with Openstack orchestration
- Service chaining and NFV, demonstration
Enroll for this course now and get ahead in your career.
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
- Minimum batch size required for batch is 10 participants in the this course.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to cancel/postpone the class.
- Course schedule will be provided before commencement of the course.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to participants with a minimum 90% attendance.
- All attendees are to observe the Copyright Law on intellectual properties such as software.
- and courseware from respective vendors.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to include external participants in the program either for the entire course or individual courses.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to change/alter the sequence of courses. RST FORUM published Book would be given at 50% discounted rate to the forum students.