Labs on cloud
Software Defined Networking
This 30 days OR 12 weekends, 60 hours Software Defined Networking (SDN) course This is an instructor-led, hands-on course. This course introduces learners to the Software Defined Networking models of different vendors and open source organizations. It discusses the technologies required for each model. It deep dives into open source SDN models with hand-on labs and illustrations.
- Open SDN
- White Box SDN
- Overlay Network
- Cisco ACI
Networks are scaling like never before, Complexity of networks are increasing exponentially each day.
Software Defined Networking is a revolutionary approach to handle these emerging situations. SDN leverages the next-gen technologies like virtualization and OpenFlow based forwarding for this approach.
- Project manager can be assigned to track candidates’ performance
- Curriculum based on major SDN models used in the industry
- Facility of Lab on cloud available (based on booking)
- Calculate valid subnetwork addresses and mask values so that user/network requirements are met when given an IP address scheme
- Assignments and test to ensure concept absorptionDescribe the functions, operations, and primary components of WAN technologies and remote access service
- Courseware includes reference material to maximize learning
- Assignments and test to ensure concept absorption
- Repeating or lectures allowed (based on seat availability)
- Understand the need for Software Defined Networking
- Understanding the various models of SDN
- Understanding the benefits of software-defined networks
- Understand the architecture of SDN
- Realize how OpenFlow Protocol works
- Learn base installation of commercial and opensource controllers
- Understanding the need for hardware standardization
- Using open source software’s to create Linux based network systems
- Understanding hardware standardization from automation perspective
- Understanding SD-WAN implementations
- Understanding differences between underlay and overlay networks
- To realize benefits of overlay networks
- Understand how products like VMWARE NSX and NUAGE Networks work with overlay networks
- Understand APIs and their placement in the architecture
- Understanding Cisco ACI with spine-leaf topology model, EPGs, Contracts
- Build a Nexus 9K understanding
- Study VXLANS and VTEPs
- Understanding NFV and Distributed NFV
- Understanding MANO architecture
- Understanding and Installing OPENSTACK
- Understanding basic of NEUTRON networks
Software Defined Networking course
Module 1: Open SDN
- Traditional Networking vs SDN
- Market scenarios and top players
- Different models of SDN
- SDN Architecture
- Understanding OpenFlow Protocol
- Deploying OpenFlow based virtual networks
- Introduction to Opensource and Commercial Controllers
- Hands-on Labs with 3 major controllers and SDN based switches
- Introduction to Opensource and Commercial Controllers
- Deep dive with ODL, ONOS and HPE-VAN SDN controllers
- Understanding Linux and base installation of opensource controllers
- Working with Real SDN Hardware
Module 2: White Box Switching
- Understanding the need for Standardized hardware
- White Box Switching
- OpenSource Switching with OpenvSwitch (OVS)
- OpenSource Routing with Quagga, Bird, etc.
- Deploying Linux Based Switches/Routers on standardized hardware
- Automation and orchestration of White Box Architecture
- Hands-on Labs with Cumulus-Linux Switching
Module 3: Overlay Networks
- Understanding Overlay Networks
- Overlay Network Architecture
- Overlay vs Underlay Networks
- VMware NSX product
- Cisco CSR product
Module 4: Application Programming Interfaces
- Understanding various Application Programming Interfaces(APIs)
- API based programmatic access to network devices
- Automation using APIs
- Northbound vs Southbound APIs
- REST, YANG, NETconf, OVSDB, etc.
Module 5: Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Nexus 9K Switches
- Spine-Leaf Topology Deep Dive
- VXLAN and VTEPs
- Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
- End-Point Groups (EPGs)
- Contracts Policing
- Service Chaining and Automation
Module 6: Network Functions Virtualization
- Understanding Network Functions Virtualization(NFV)
- NFV Architecture and Orchestration
- Management of Virtualized Network Functions(VNFs)
- Centralized vs Distributed VNFs
- NFV in Multi-Datacenter scenarios
Module 7: OpenStack
- Understanding OpenStack
- Understanding Different OpenStack Projects: Nova, Glance, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Keystone, Horizon, Rally
- Installation of Openstack on Centos/RedHat Linux
- Neutron Networking Project Deep Dive
Module 8: SD WAN
- Understanding Software Defined WAN
- Traditional WAN vs SD-WAN
- Market players in SD-WAN
- Benefits of SD-WAN over traditional WAN
- WAN optimization
Enroll for this course now and get ahead in your career.
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
- Minimum batch size required for batch is 10 participants in the this course.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to cancel/postpone the class.
- Course schedule will be provided before commencement of the course.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to participants with a minimum 90% attendance.
- All attendees are to observe the Copyright Law on intellectual properties such as software.
- and courseware from respective vendors.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to include external participants in the program either for the entire course or individual courses.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to change/alter the sequence of courses. RST FORUM published Book would be given at 50% discounted rate to the forum students.