Labs on cloud
Desktop and Server Virtualization
For system engineers who need to increase their value to employers and stay current with advances in virtualization knowledge and skills, the VMWare VCP-DCV certification program provides the education and training required for installing, monitoring, and troubleshooting server infrastructure products designed by the industry leader in server virtualization.
The VCP-DCV certification validates the ability to install, configure, deploy , scale and manage VMWare VSphere environments. VCP certified professionals have the knowledge and skills to install , configure and manage a VSphere environment. VCP training covers (but is not limited to) the use of these topics: Vcenter management , ESX Configuration , Security , Patch Management , Storage Management , Network Virtualization , Fault Tolerance . Migration . The VCP-6 exam is the composite exam associated with the VCP-DCV . This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills required to install, deploy, and manage a VMWare Vsphere environment. The topics include all the areas covered under the VCP-6 exam.
This 20 day (Weekdays – 3hrs.) OR 10-week (Sunday/Saturday) instructor led VCP course is designed to provide professionals with extensive virtualization knowledge to accomplish their day to day job and VCP certifications. The key to a high success rate is based on the program’s objectives as follows:
- Course contents are based on VMWare guide lines
- Dedicated Monitoring to evaluate candidates’ progress
- Extensive hands-on lab exercises
- Regular evaluation
- Industry Experienced Certified instructors
- The VCP module is designed to meet the objective of the VCP program.
- The course is customized keeping in mind the ultimate aim of achieving technology expertise and VCP certification.
- Assigned project manager will manage this program and drive the program from its registration stage to monitoring and tracking of the candidates’ performance.
- Curriculum is based on VMWare course outlines
- The Instructor-led certified course is designed for the VCP candidates with an aim to build theoretical knowledge supplemented by ample hands-on lab exercises
- 10 week or 20 days, of intensive training.
- Courseware includes course kits and other reference material to enable students to prepare for VCP certification exams.
- Optimal balance of theory classes and practical labs every week to ensure maximum absorption of technology by participants
- Customized tests at the end of course to be attempted by every participant
- Stringent passing standards with progress report of each participant
- Facility of Lab on cloud available.(based on booking)
- Repeating of lectures allowed.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Deploy an ESXi host
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance
- Deploy a vCenter Server appliance
- Manage an ESXi host using vCenter Server
- Manage ESXi storage using vCenter Server
- Manage ESXi networking using vCenter Server
- Manage virtual machines using vCenter Server
- eploy and manage thin-provisioned virtual machines
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Web Client and VMware Sphere® Client™
- Migrate virtual machines using VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Manage access control using vCenter Server
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability, VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance, nd VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ using vCenter Server
- Apply patches using VMware vSphere® Update Manager™
Following Topics will be covered in VCP Course.
- Introduction to VMWare, VSphere and VCP
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
VIRTUALIZED DATA CENTER:
- Introduce components of the virtualized data center
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere Client
CREATING VIRTUAL MACHINES:
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
VMWARE VCENTER SERVER:
- Introduce the vCenter Server architecture
- Introduce VMware® vCenter™ Single Sign-On™
- Install and use vSphere Web Client
- Introduce VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™
- Configure and manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
CONFIGURING AND MANAGING VIRTUAL NETWORKS:
- Describe, create, and manage a standard virtual switch
- Describe and modify standard virtual switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
CONFIGURING AND MANAGING VIRTUAL STORAGE:
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage vSphere datastores
- Deploy and manage VMware vSphere® Storage Appliance
VIRTUAL MACHINE MANAGEMENT:
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere®
- Storage vMotion® migrations
- Create a VMware vSphere® vApp™
ACCESS AND AUTHENTICATION CONTROL:
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
- Configure ESXi lockdown mode
- Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING:
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
HIGH AVAILABILITY AND FAULT TOLERANCE:
- Introduce the new VMware vSphere® High Availability architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Introduce VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Describe VMware vSphere® Replication
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Use vSphere HA and DRS together
- Use vSphere Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vSphere Update Manager and the vSphere Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Scan and remediate hosts
INSTALLING VMWARE COMPONENTS:
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduce vCenter Server deployment options
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Install vCenter Server (Windows-based)
Following Topics will be covered in VCP Course.
- Lab 1: Installing VMware vSphere Graphical User Interfaces Lab
- Lab 2. Configuring VMware ESXi
- Lab 3. Working with Virtual Machines
- Lab 4. Configuring the vCenter Server Appliance
- LAB 5. Standard Virtual Switches
- LAB 6. Accessing ISCI Storage
- LAB 7. Accessing IP Storage
- LAB 8. Managing VMware vSphere VMFS
- Lab 9. Using Templates and Clones
- LAB 10. Modifying a Virtual Machine
- LAB 11. Migrating Virtual Machines
- LAB 12. Managing Virtual Machines
- LAB 13. Managing vApps
- LAB 14. Access Control
- LAB 15. User Permissions
- LAB 16. Resource Pools
- LAB 17. Monitoring Virtual Machine Performance
- LAB 18. Using Alarms
- LAB 19. Using vSphere High Availability
- LAB 20. Designing a Network Configuration
- LAB 21. Configuring VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance
- LAB 22. vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
- LAB 23. VMware vSphere Update Manager
- LAB 24. Installing VMware vCenter Server
Enroll for this course now and get ahead in your career.
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
- Minimum batch size required for batch is 10 participants in the this course.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to cancel/postpone the class.
- Course schedule will be provided before commencement of the course.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to participants with a minimum 90% attendance.
- All attendees are to observe the Copyright Law on intellectual properties such as software.
- and courseware from respective vendors.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to include external participants in the program either for the entire course or individual courses.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to change/alter the sequence of courses. RST FORUM published Book would be given at 50% discounted rate to the forum students.