Cyber Security Workshop
Free 8-week workshop. (Internship Program)
This workshop is more of an interactive session and participation than training. It is to help each other as students and professionals dive into the various fields of cyber security and gain insights on the working of the various frameworks associated with it. It is also about developing offensive and defensive skills to strengthen a candidate’s profile in the industry.
Goals of this workshop
- To raise cyber security awareness in the general public.
- To help cyber security professionals gain a deep insight on the various tools and frameworks and their processes presently used in the industry.
Who can attend?
- Anyone can attend the workshop for learning and building basic cyber security concepts.
- Basic Linux knowledge is a plus for learning tools.
- Basic networking knowledge is a plus for understanding network security concepts.
- Basic front-end development knowledge is a plus for web application security.
Certificate & Internship Opportunity
- Candidates have to prepare a thesis and/or a research paper.
- The thesis shall be submitted to RST Forum and will be evaluated by the trainers.
- Upon the completion of the thesis/research paper evaluation, deserving candidates will be handed out the certificate of participation and will be given an internship opportunity on a regular performance analysis.
Cyber Security Workshop Structure
- What is Cyber Security?
- Where is Cyber Security used?
- Types of Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Project Management
2. Basic Concepts
- What is Dark/Deep Web?
- Why is Dark/Deep Web used?
- Levels of Dark/Deep Web?
- How is Dark/Deep Web accessed?
- TOR Network Architecture
- Anonymity with VPNs and proxychains
3. Dark Web Explained
- Products/Services of offered on dark web on each level
- How to access each level of the dark web (practical)
- Mechanism for tracing server and clients on the dark web for Forensic Investigation
4. Security Architecture
- Basic Network Architecture
- Designing Network Security Architecture
- Implementation of perimeter security (Firewall,IDS/IPS)
- Implementation of endpoint security (DLP, Anti-Malware, Disk Encryption)
- Security Operations Control basics
- Incident Response
6. System Hacking
- Tool Selection Installation & Configuration
- Reconnaissance & Footprinting
- System & Network Enumeration
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Basic Exploitation (Windows, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Backdoor generation
7. Web Application Hacking
- Client – Server Architecture
- Web Security Concepts
- OWASP Top 10 Basic Concepts
- OWASP Top 10 Attack Practical
- OWASP Top 10 Defense Practical