Labs on cloud
This course will help you Deploy and Administer a real world OpenStack cloud platform. You will be building an OpenStack cloud from the ground up and will be working on it for entire duration of the course. This Course provides students with a detailed understanding of steps necessary to operate OpenStack environment. Participants will go through architectures, live implementations, provisioning and lab setup for the real-world challenges faced by OpenStack experts. This course has been developed to ensure that students get a complete overview for OpenStack cloud with guided and unguided practical sessions. By the end of this course we guarantee that the participant will be able to deploy and administer an OpenStack cloud computing platform all by himself.
The course is designed for professionals who wish to learn OpenStack and use it to implement and manage OpenStack infrastructure. The course is also suitable for Systems Administrators, Technical & IT Professionals, Storage Administrators, Network Engineers.The course provides participants with a detailed understanding of the steps necessary to deploy an OpenStack environment from scratch. Through the process of manually deploying OpenStack rather than depending on deployment tools and scripts, students learn where to identify issues and how to overcome the hurdles for when things go wrong.
This 3 days (Weekdays - 7hrs.) OR 3-weeks (Sunday/Saturday – 7hrs.) instructor led Open Stack course is designed to provide professionals with extensive networking knowledge to accomplish their day to day job and Open Stack certifications. The key to a high success rate is based on the program’s objectives as follows:
- Course contents are based on Open Stack guidelines
- Dedicated Monitoring to evaluate candidates’ progress
- Extensive hands-on lab exercises
- Regular evaluation
- Industry Experienced Certified instructors
- This module is designed to meet the objective of the Open stack program.
- The course is customized keeping in mind the ultimate aim of achieving technology expertise and Open Stack certification.
- Assigned project manager will manage this program and drive the program from its registration stage to monitoring and tracking of the candidates’ performance.
- The Instructor-led certified course is designed for the Open stack candidates with an aim to build theoretical knowledge supplemented by ample hands-on lab exercises.
- 3 week or 3 days, of intensive training.
- Courseware includes course kits and other reference material to enable students to prepare for Open Stack certification exams.
- Optimal balance of theory classes and practical labs every week to ensure maximum absorption of technology by participants.
- Customized tests at the end of course to be attempted by every participant.
- Stringent passing standards with progress report of each participant.
- Facility of Lab on cloud available.(based on booking).
- Repeating of lectures allowed.
The OpenStack Bootcamp course covers the critical skills needed to operate an OpenStack cluster. Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore OpenStack architecture with both CLI and API functionalities
- Apply various implementation techniques
- Understand OpenStack Ecosystem.
- Understand OpenStack Deployment Architecture.
- Perform OpenStack operations
- Implement suitable use-cases for OpenStack
- Implement and use Nova, Neutron, Image and other OpenStack services.
- Work on an interactive project around implementing OpenStack
- Identify suitable use-cases for OpenStack
- Implement and use Image, Identity, and Dashboard services
- Create and manage images and instances
- Create and manage roles, users, and quotas
- Install & Configure Openstack Single Node from scratch.
- Find additional OpenStack help and support resources
- Use the CLI and Dashboard
- Create and manage roles, permissions, and ACLs
Introduction to Cloud Computing and OpenStack
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing Different types of cloud
- Different types of cloud services
- What is Open Source?
- Comparing OpenStack with other Clouds
- OpenStack Architecture and terminology.
- Requirements, Capacity Planning.
- Open vSwitch Configuration
- Deploying Openstack
- Adding a Compute Node
Horizon Web Interface
- Creating a Project
- Creating a User
- Managing Flavors in Horizon
- Launching an Instance
- Manage compute instance actions (e.g. launch, shutdown, terminate)
- Configure an Instance with a Floating IP address
- Manage project security group rules
- Assign security group to Instance
- Assign floating IP address to Instance
- Detach floating IP address from Instance
- Manage Nova user keypairs
- Manage Nova compute Controller Services
- Get Nova stats (hosts, services, tenants
- Verify operation of the Compute service
Managing RabbitMQ Messenger Broker
- Verifying and managing the message broker installation.
- What is RabbitMQ Messenger Broker
- Understanding the workflow
- Troubleshooting RabbitMQ Message Broker
Using Keystone Identity Service
- Verifying the Keystone Identity Service
- Adding services to the keystone service catalog
- Creating and Managing Users with Keystone commands
- Defining Roles and assigning roles to user
- Troubleshooting Keystone
Swift Object Storage Service
- Manage access to object storage
- Manage expiring objects
- Manage storage policies
- Monitor space available for object store
- Verify operation of Object Storage
- Manage permissions on a container in object storage
Glance Image Service
- Verifying the Glance Image Service
- Storing Images
- Building and Sealing an Image
- Using glance commands
- Using Swift as backend Store for Glance
Cinder Block Storage Service
- Block Storage Services (Four services are collectively called Block storage or Cinder)
- Block Storage supported drivers
- Verifying the Cinder
- Creating and Managing cinder volumes by command line.
Neutron Networking Service
- Verifying the Neutron Service
- Configuring Networking for a Tenant via Command line
- Neutron Workflow
- Troubleshooting the Neutron networking service
Nova Compute and Controller
- What is Nova?
- Overcommitting Nova Resources
- Verifying the Nova services
- Launching an Instance via nova command line
- Nova workflow
- Managing a nova compute node
- How to add a new Nova compute node
The ceilometer Telemetry Service
- Basics and Concepts
- Verifying the ceilometer
- Data Gathering
- What is Heat Orchestration Service
- Configuring the Heat Orchestration Service
- Launching s Stack
Enroll for this course now and get ahead in your career.
- Instructor led online training is an ideal vehicle for delivering training to individuals anywhere in the world at any time.
- This innovative approach presents live content with instructor delivering the training online.
- Candidates will be performing labs remotely on our labs on cloud in presence of an online instructor.
- Rstforum uses microsoft lync engine to deliver instructor led online training.
- Advances in computer network technology, improvements in bandwidth, interactions, chat and conferencing, and realtime audio and video offers unparalleled training opportunities.
- Instructor led online training can helps today’s busy professionals to perform their jobs and upgrade knowledge by integrating self-paced instructor led online training in their daily routines.
- Minimum batch size required for batch is 10 participants in the this course.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to cancel/postpone the class.
- Course schedule will be provided before commencement of the course.
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to participants with a minimum 90% attendance.
- All attendees are to observe the Copyright Law on intellectual properties such as software.
- and courseware from respective vendors.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to include external participants in the program either for the entire course or individual courses.
- The RST Forum reserves the right to change/alter the sequence of courses. RST FORUM published Book would be given at 50% discounted rate to the forum students.